YAAAWW you GUYS! You’re all so freaking awesome! After my last plea-post for someone to give me some peanut flour in return for some British goodies, I had lots of offers! Soo what I’m gonna do, is quite literally put all of yo’ names in a hat, draw one out, and then I’ll email that person and we can do some swappeh-swappeh action. Sounds good right? Sorted.
I thiiiink it’s been a while since I showed you what my life was like. So without further adieu, what have I been up to? (rhyme? yes?)
How far to run? Last week, I ran an almighty 34miles, including a 10miler on Saturday (the most mileage in a week AND the longest run since my Halloween marathon). This week, I’m on target to run about 36miles.…that’s if I do decide to do another 10miler on Saturday. I might do 9, I might do 11 – decisions, decisions!
To keep myself entertained running (my iPod broke in October, so I have been running sans-music since then) I think about life, people, horses (ok, Chika) and food. What to have for breakfast – oatmeal or an Epic Green Monster? Ay, yet more decisions. However, the answer is always the same; EGMs!
I love how xanthan gum TRANSFORMS a bowl into fluffy puffy goodness 🙂
Good old traditional ones – made with pumpkin, or pear, and ALWAYS banana. Frozen cranberries as a topping are Da BOMB too!
They are amaze 🙂
For some reason though, the oatmeal always seems 10x more appealing at lunch – in fact, i’ve had steel cut oats FIVE lunches running! Sheesh. That’s why I don’t do daily eats anymore! But hey, I’m not complaining – if that’s what my body is craving, that’s blates what it needs 🙂
I have this thing about hot oats, with cold milk poured over…..b l i s s. Veggie stews often accompany my oats –
Sometimes, i just can’t decide between pictures
One must have one’s vegetables 🙂 (though today, the veggies were delayed; I made the decision to crazy-woman dance to the Chicago soundtrack round my kitchen, as opposed to sitting down and eating and being sensible. A girl needs her fun :))
Some other decisions? What to bake:
hehe, they’re like little soldiers 😀
Cookie dough balls, that’s what to bake 🙂 They were sent off with my mum to her place o’ work today. They shooooould all be finished by now, but she ain’t home yet 😥 I can’t wait to find out how they’ve gone down! It’ll probably be the highlight of my day; I’m quite the loser really.
What decisions to losers have to make, I hear you say? Namely, whether to have an out-of-date Odwalla bar with my oats, or a Raw Organic bar (use by date – 13th jan! It’s close…..)
The Odwalla bar won that ceeeerrAZY round.
Impressive! Very chocolatey, I approved. It’s a shame there was only 4g of protein though 😦 with calorifically dense foods, I like them to have a good kick of protein…which it didn’t. Alas, you win some you lose some!
The biggest decision of late though, has been about My Life. Yeah…you all know I’ve posted about many a mid-life-crisis over the past year, but I think (think think THINK) I might have solved it! Here goes:
I love food. I love cooking and baking. I know very little about either. At some point, I want to be some kind of nutritional therapist. I love America.
America, wh-? Weellll. The culinary school I’m thinking of applying to is in Charlotte, North Carolina! In fact, it’s the very same one Emily went to! They have an amazing programme there which really, really appeals to me. It’s one (lonnnnng) year long, but it sounds incred. Obvs at the end, you don’t HAVE to be a chef (though that wouldn’t be a bad thing; I’d specialise in vegan fare!), there are a ton of foodie things grads go on to do (the site gives a list). After some emailing back and forth with Emily (who is lovely- I met her at the HLS and we were planning on running my marathon together, til she got hit by a car and had to pull out…), and reading this post by Megan, I think I’m gonna do it. I wouldn’t plan on going til 2012, so I’d finish uni (ohmygod I hate uni and can’t wait to leave….it’s killing me!), then spend a year saving/working, then go Sept 2012. Here’s how my thoughts have been cranking away:
- I love love love food and cooking – maybe it’s finally time to say ‘yes. That IS my passion, I should follow it!’
- I want to do something food-related with a career, and ultimately, probably end up being a nutritional therapist. However I’m a firm believer that one needs life experience before going into anything therapy related; IMHO, if I were a 40yr old married mother unable to cope, I wouldn’t reaaaally want to go and see a childless, care-free 25yr old for help!
- I love America, and want to live there (yeah, I make NO secret of that!). Originally, I was thinking about going down the school psychology route – however, the past year has shown me that the amount of academic work required would NOT suit me. Nor would the approaching-6-figure-debt at the end of it…..
- I have a dream, and I need to follow it. Food & America are my PASSIONS, the things I think about all the time. Sometimes, you just have to do it.
- You never know, maybe I’d meet a bloke, we’d have a whirlwind romance and get married in Vegas, and before you know it- BOOM, Visa, I live there. I kid, I kid….
- Money (obvs). it’d cost a bomb, BUT it is only one year, and I’ve been emailing the uni (and Emily told me this too), and there does appear to be a lorra financial assistance available for funky foreigners like me, with no income 😀 Hooray!
- I’d be away from home & family & would miss them. But in all honesty – I WANT to get away. England has been tough for me and I’m not happy, and I desperately need to get away and maybe just start over. And you know, three times in my life stick out as being the happiest EVER for me – Washington DC, August 2007 (I met up with a friend there). Chicago, August 2010 (I went alone, to the Healthy Living Summit). Washington DC, October 2010 (I went with my mum, to run a marathon). Theme…..!!?
- It would be one giant risk. But the worst that could happen? I come home again.
I will leave y’all with a fun fact – my main main Arnold, who( (whom?) I idolise:
had two dreams when he was a nipper. Actually, he had more than 2, but these are the 2 I’m using as illustrative points 🙂
1) Move to America
2) Marry a Kennedy.
Did he achieve them both? you bet yo ASS he did! (Maria Shriver the wifey is of Kennedy blood, as in Pres. Kennedy) When he became an American citizen, he hugged the US flag around his shoulders and cried- true story! You never know, maybe in 30years, I”LL be governor of California.
Thoughts? Have you ever thrown caution to the wind and just followed a dream? Taken a big risk?
100% of shots you don’t take, you miss.