Welcome to my blog! This is going to be about three things – Food; because I LOVE to eat – Fitness;– see how I keep fit by looking at the pages on The Loves of my Life – and Freya; me (and expect to see my dear horse Chika appear a few times too…)!
It’s about discovering new foods, and enjoying living life! If you want the long winded background of me, go to the History of Freya page…otherwise, read on!
My Philosophies – in food and life:
Food wise – I don’t believe in cutting any food or food group out. Been there, done that, it doesn’t work, it just makes you miserable. I just try and eat as cleanly and purely as possible. So for me, the less processed a food, the better! It makes me feel good inside and out (seriously, when I ate junk, my skin looked like junk and I felt like junk). But that doesn’t mean no treats! In my opinion, life would NOT be worth living if I couldn’t have dark chocolate…or Ben and Jerry’s chocolate brownie!! some kind of amazing non-dairy ice cream I’m yet to discover/banana soft serve! Everything in moderation I say 😀
I love experimenting with food, and I take masses of inspiration from my favourite bloggers (see the Blog Roll). I want to get better at creating my own recipes, and I’m hoping having a blog will encourage me to do this – you can’t eat the same meal every night, it’d be boring…
I’m also considering going proper vegetarian at the moment, but to begin with I’m just going to start with some meat free days a week, and see how I go! I’ve just recently gone Vegan – it’s a long story, but I know the decision is right.
Life Wise – No regrets! Yep, I think everything happens for a reason, an attitude I’ve developed thanks to my glorious past. Even the bad stuff, no matter how nasty and pointless it seemed at the time, will end up being beneficial in some way. I also think life is short. Yeaaaah it’s the longest thing you’ll ever do..BUT you could die tomorrow! I spent a whole year moaning about how I wanted to go back to America. Then, a month or so ago, I just thought ‘JUST GO’. So I’m off in October to Washington to run a marathon! I’ll miss uni work, and it’ll suck, but heck it’ll be worth it 😛 Sometimes, you just have to do it!
Here are some ‘Top Tens’ about me – feel free to comment and leave your own, I love reading them!
Top Ten Activities:
- Cinema trips/Favourite TV show marathons
- Drinking hot chocolateDoes vegan instant hot chocolate exist!?
- Reading trashy magazines I’m trying to phase them out; I’ve noticed the more I read them, the WORSE I feel about myself!
- Gossiping with my mum and/or sister
- Shopping – at the supermarket or at the normal shops!
Top Ten Foods:
- Squash – butternut, kabocha, crown prince…I’ll eat them all
- Sweet potato
- Greek yogurt Green Monsters!!
- Ben and Jerry’s chocolate brownie/ Green and Black’s dark chocolate
- Peanut butter banana oatmeal (yes strictly speaking that’s more than one food…but it’s a ‘thing’)
- Roast parsnip
- Stuffed pasta I’m yet to try vegan stuffed pasta :s
- Smoked salmon Tempeh 😀
Top Ten LEAST Favourite Foods:
- Cooked cheddar
- Cheese twists
- Plain cow’s milk
- Tea (it tastes just like dirty water :/)
- Creme Brulee
- Baked potato
- Plain pasta
Top Ten Random Things About Me:
- I live in South East England, where I divide my time between my house at uni, and my house at home!!
- I have a TB X Appaloosa horse called Chika,whom I’ve had for 5years. She’s fat, fluffy and a bit of a spak, and I wouldn’t have her any other way. We’re best friends!
- I. LOVE. FOOD. I love eating it, I love cooking with it, I love looking at it, I love buying it. I can easily kill 3hours just wondering around a supermarket (even if all I want is some veggies…). A dream daytrip to me would be to Whole Foods – it’s the simple things 😛
- I love American TV – Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, 30 Rock, Will & Grace, Friends, 8 Simple Rules, ER…..
- Talking of America – I want to live there! It’s my ultimate dream. So seriously, if any nice single American men who would like a nice English wife who will cook for them lots – send us an email! The same goes for any American employers out there; I’m very hard working!
- I love running – see the Second Love of my Life page.
- I enjoy Christmas music all year round – it’s never the wrong time of year for some Christmas cheer!!
- Hardly random, but you’ll notice it soon enough – I make a LOT of type errors! I type too fast and the ‘n’ key on my keyboard is missing, so it throws me somewhat. That’s my excuse anyhow!!
- I have a big big crush on Arnold Schwarzenegger, the one and only. I have about 16 of his films…
- …And I can blame that on my Dad – he showed me The Terminator when I was young and impressionable, now I’m hooked!
Peanut butter, Chika, American TV (Desperate Housewives, Gossip Girl, 30 Rock, Grey’s Anatomy, E.R., Friends, Will & Grace, 8 Simple Rules, Sex and the City…I could go on!), kabocha squash, cinema trips (accompnied by lots of Ben & Jerry’s!), reading [well written!] chick lit, parsnips, oatmeal, greek yogurt, America, horses, hanging with my sister, the feeling you get after a successful long run, reading recipe books, baking, cinnamon (on EVERYTHING), hot chocolate, supermarket (!) and normal shopping, christmas and everything about it – bad music included, long drives with my mum, fresh figs and dried dates.
Cauliflower, cheddar cheese, windy weather, scientific films, overly hot weather, not living in the USA, arguments, being sick, being poor (a common occurance as a student…), wet feet/leaky shoes, cold hands.
You can email me at fluffypinksparkles@hotmail . com – not an official email I know..but if I get lots of readers and emails, I’ll get a proper one!!