…except Horsey Humpday will actually be coming tomorrow. Why? You’ll have to wait and see! But I do have a specific reason 😀
So anyway, hello my precious people!! Something incredible happened today –
YES! I walked out of my last exam today (at least until next year), and by gosh was it a good feeling! It means that I can now participate in one of the following:
- A Gossip Girl marathon with my sister ❤
- Sleeping past 8am
- Cooking proper real recipes
- Going for long runs and walks with Poppy
- Seeing my friends
- Going to the cinema
- Getting my hair cut
- Going out for the day
- Going FOOD SHOPPING!!!!
- Wasting my time reading trashy magazines
- Watching crap TV
- R E L A X I N G!!!
Oh. My. Days. THE EXCITEMENT!
What else exciting has happened today….
I started with…*drumroll* – an apple and 2 tsp wheatgerm, before a very pleasant 5mile run – my splits were around the 8.30 mark which was quite OK, and all in all, it took me 43minutes and 33 seconds 😀 Oh, and in case you were wondering (which you probably weren’t) – after 7.5hours of audio New Moon whilst running, it has FINALLY got interesting. Ish. Jacob just said to Bella that he loved her….and then I stopped the iPod 😛 what will she say!?
When I got back in, I had an Epic Green Monster – for those of you unfamiliar with this most amazing of combinations, it consists of:
- a heck of a lot of spinach
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 very large frozen banana
- a 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp cocoa-flaxseed
- 1 cup of mixed cereal
Topped with dates, grated cacao, aunt-made jam and Lizzi’s Granola:
See? It’s epic isn’t it? :p (Note how I did try and incorporate a little Horsey Humpday into today :P)
After breakfast, I drove to uni to do my LAST EXAM [of my 2nd year] – it was quite hard, but nothing I couldn’t manage 🙂
Just before the exam though, I had the most delICIOUS lunch! Part 1 was a big roasted veg salad: finely chopped and roasted fennel, beetroot, parsnip, aubergine and courgette, with seasoning, balsamic vinegar, a cinnamon spice blend and a drizzle of date syrup:
Oh my days, that was SOOO GOOD!! I really have turned into a taken to beetroot; so purple and….beetroot-y.
Part DEUX was a luverly sarnweech – 1 big piece of the nice bread from yesterdee, spread with mashed avocado:
And topped with a pizza-style tofu fillet and spinach:
Again with the ohmydaysdelicious – so soft and flavourful and…super! I took tips from this lady in how to make a sandwich work – ie toasting the bread lightly – and it worked a treat. Thankyou Jessica!
When I got home, young/old/middle aged Poppy said she wanted to play – so we went for a just-over-2mile run (3.5k actually). Bless, we ran the first 4/5ths of the mile, then she said she was tired so we walked – hence a 9.30split – but on the way back she perked up again, so we ran all the way home 🙂 Overall it was 21 minutes of sunny fun 🙂
When we got back, I took pictures – the sun was out, my mum was out, Poppy was out, I was out – so why not!?
I love my animals 😀
Snack wise, I totally wasn’t hungry, despite the fact that since lunch, I’d done an exam, driven an hour home, hung with my mum, gone for a run, and then hung with my mum some more! But I figured I should eat, so I had the same as yesterday, with some boobies blueberries:
For dinner, I decided I wanted a favourite meal to celebrate my newfound freedom – enter Banana, Peanut Butter and Maple Tempeh!!
- approx 10g peanut butter
- a tsp of maple syrup
- a small chunk of banana (and inch and a half or so long)
Mash the banana, spread the peanut butter on the tempeh, put the banana on top, drizzle the maple over and if you want –as I do – add some cinnamon! Bake your tempeh for 20mins or so, and Bob’s your uncle!
I served mine with sweet potato fries and my favourite veggies:
Hurrah! Maple syrup, peanut butter, banana. Win, win, win!
As per usual, I don’t know what to do for dessert. Last night was this:
But who knows for tonight….muffin maybe?
SO. Hello to all my new readers!!! I like to know the people who read my blog (because I love and appreciate you all very much!) so I thought I would ask y’all some questions! A get-to-know-you game 😛
- My name is —- and I’m addicted to —- (My name is Freya, and I’m addicted to kabocha squash. And parsnips. And spinach. And animals. And E.R…..)
- Tell me one odd or peculiar thing about yourself. (I have an unreasonably large crush on Arnold Schwarzenegger 😛 and I have double jointed hips!)
- Paris Hilton – Love her or hate her? (I used to love her, when I was young and impressionable – now, I think she is a complete DORK and I strongly dislike her! I want to tell her to GROW UP!!!!)
- Do you have any pets? If so, what are they? (My mum, sister and I have 5 – 2 horses [Chika and Tig], 1 dog [Poppy], and 3 cats [Obama, Kovac and Carter – see below!]
5. Hmmm and a 5th question….favourite TV show? (Gossip Girl. ER. Grey’s Anatomy. Friends. Will & Grace. And a heck of a lot more which I shan’t list, for fear of sounding like a lazy bum :p)
PHEW! I just realised this has been quite the long post, so I’ll leave it there 😛
Have a good evening!! I’m going to go and relax with my mum, an animal or 2, and the new issue of Heat 🙂 BLISS!