So, after much confusion, it seems I finally have an answer to my hummus/houmous question from the last post! Unlike the British election, there was a clear majority – HUMMUS WINS! Not only did hummus have the support of the French, but also the Oxford English Dictionary! You can’t argue with either of them, OH no.
So, two random things I thought about today:
1) I have (unintentionally) become a hippie – yes, I was sitting in my car, drinking a Green Monster, wearing a floral print dress (it’s much cooler than it sounds!), and reading about veganism. Oh my.
2) My campus shop sells NUTELLA sandwiches. And MARMITE sandwiches. Not unusual at home, but in a shop? I thought that was a little bit different 😛
Anyways! Iiiiittttt’ssss FRIDAY! Wahey, the weekend is here! I’m looking forward to a nice lie in [til 8am] tomorrow – the excitement!! What are you guys looking forward to the most about the weekend!?
Before the weekend commences officially though, I’ll do a quick recap of today. EARLY start (I couldn’t face staying at my uni house last night, so I had to get up extra early this morning) – I ate an apple on my way in, and when I arrived, drank a Coffee Green Monster:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- spinach x 3kg
- a sachet of hazelnut flavour instant coffee
The coffee flavour was DElightful! I don’t know if it worked in keeping me awake (though it did last night – I rinsed out the blender, drank the green water – is that wrong? – and then couldn’t sleep til 12.30am….) but it sure did taste fine!
I then had my last ever stats computer lab class, PRAISE BE. I will not, I repeat NOT, be sorry to have no more of them. They were hard and boring and 1.5hours too long.
On my way home, I munched on part II of breakfast: some sourdough bread, crumbled into some Crunchy Bran:
I know, very random. But it was what I wanted!! Except weirdly, the Crunchy Bran went soft overnight!? I still ate it, cos I like the flavah, but it sure wasn’t Crunchy….Softy Bran, maybe.
When I got home – blackberries + Jillian:
And then later on, lunch! Just like dinner, it was in two parts:
- Roast artichoke
- roast red pepper
- roast aubergine
- Japanese spice blend thing
- Kale stir fried with balsamic vinegar and a pear
The kale/pear thing – AMAZING!! Try it!
- A newly bought tofu burger thing (tofu, raisins, apple, sunflower seeds, onions, carrots, rice and loads of spices I don’t remember)
- Butter bean mash – butterbeans, garlic, nutmeg, a splash of water
The burger was weird…it was my first time trying it. First impressions – GREASE! It was SO oily on the outside! I actually dabbed some off with kitchen paper, cos it was literally dripping :s the actual burger though – pretty good!
I didn’t like the first mouthful, but then it grew on me 🙂
Lunch dessert – an idea from Jessica at Healthy Exposures – a date spread with some chocolate peanut butter:
I don’t even need to tell you how good that was!!
My afternoon eats included a hot chocolate, an apple, and some soya yogurt, mixed with date syrup, grated cacao and 1 tbsp Grape Nuts:
Oh so good.
For dinner, I had THE BEST MEAL EVER. I roasted a sweet potato, along with squash and parsnip and onion (coated in cinnamon, thyme, garlic, s+p and agave), and served it with tempeh <- with a very fabby peanut butter sauce! All the usual suspects – peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, agave, cinnamon, water. SO GOOD!!
I’m not actually kidding in the least when I say [I licked my plate clean and] this was THE BEST MEAL EVER (yes, I know I said it just now – but I need to get across its’ awesomeness!!)! To put my love for it into perspective, I would quite happily eat that meal over stuffed pasta, any day. It had ALL of my favourite foods in 😀 I actually stopped eating halfway through and said ‘I don’t want to keep eating, cos then I’ll finish it’. 😦 Alas, I did eat it all!
After my plate of peanutty goodness, I did work and revision and ate some dessert. Perfect end to a Friday methinks 😀
NOW THEN. It seemed you all liked my Chika photos yesterday! So I thought I’d finish this post with Ten Fun Facts About Chika! Enjoy 🙂
1. She’s a big girl at heart – she’s been on a diet all her life, and she probably always will be….
2. Her favourite food is stale bread. Closely followed by…uh, anything.
3. When she was for sale before we bought her, another lady saw her – Chika bucked her off when the she tried her out. LOL! Once a bucker, always a bucker….
4. We have been to three dressage Regional Championships together – at novice, and elementary levels twice.
5. She got horsey skin cancer last year (sarcoids) – fortunately it seems to have cleared up *touch wood*
6. She has the most silly high pitched neigh ever – it goes right through you :s
7. When she rolls, she always has to lie there and eat the grass for a minute (she’s THAT lazy) – but when she gets up, she often has a massive bucking fit after :p
8. Every year for the past 3 or 4 years, she’s become mad during April [spring grass] and has then had a 2month holiday around May time [exams]
9. She has never got over losing her best friend Lily 2 years ago 😦
10. If she was a person, she’d be Jade Goodey….(google it 😛 / if you’re British – remember Big Brother!??)
11. And finally, our claim to fame: We met this man, after he gave us a riding lesson a few years ago:
Do you recognise him? No? Maybe this will be a clue:
Still unsure? This should do it:
Yes, that’s Andrew Gould, more commonly known as the bloke who was accused of splitting up Jordan and Peter. [Note, we met him BEFORE he became a tabloid scandal!] He also moonlights as a professional dressage rider occasionally….
OH! And 12) I’m in love with Chika 😀