/ That’s What He Said / A Humpday Miracle
Sometimes, one title is not enough
Sooo I saw the sports physio today! Oh boy….he is a HOTTIE! For realz! But yeah, I’ll get onto that in a minute
First up, I shall start this post with some lovely blog search terms, cos I know you all <3 them!
- deer ( x 42!!!! Obvs a lot of people like to search about deer on the internet. Huh.)
- ελάφι (x 4 – if anyone can tell me what language that is…please do!)
- pretty men (that makes me happy )
- what’s green and runs (me, when I feel ill. Yes, a poor joke, I know)
- madonna operation before and after (Madonna had an operation? News to me!)
- madonna’s ageless (first Kate Moss, now Madonna! Well I never)
- bark-like cereal (I think you mean Fru-Grains?)
- swap ur wife with us (Lol)
- swapyourwife.com (I NEED to go on that website!)
- world’s best main course (ha, you won’t find that here!)
- amazed facial faces channing tatum (LOL)
- hey brit chick runs, where’s the funky new blog?
Well, in answer to the last one – when BlueHost help me out with getting the header changed! I’m actually not kidding when I say I am trying SOOO hard to get it changed, and I just CAN”T. FRIGGIN”. DO. IT There’s been tears, let me tell you! If I hadn’t already paid BlueHost, I would give up, but I’m not gonna waste that £££…
Anyway! Moving swiftly on – I started the day The Oat Way today:
Actually, that’s melon and yogurt – the oats came after:
Chocolate pudding oats in fact
On top of the parish magazine, cos I’m hip like that.
Between oat-eating and leaving for physio, I went for a 1hr walk, and did Level 2 of Jillian, skipping all the cardio (cos it hurt my injured ankle). I thought the walk would be ok – but it actually made my injury feel mucho worso, which = no walking now! Obvs I HAVE to walk (ie to get from my car to my lecture hall!) but no WALK walks. Boooohiss (I wonder if I can get a ‘boohiss’ into every post!? Man, I’m such a Scrooge!)
Late morning, my mumma and I headed out on the town – not to party, alas, but to go to the bank, the store, Boots and Holland & Barratt for my vegan drugs (aka vegan multivitamin :p). Whilst we were there, we made the most of Costa, the inferior, crapper version of Starbucks. Sorry Costa, but Starbucks really did have my heart at hello, and always will I still got a kickass cappuccino though!
Whiiiich totally spoiled my appetite for lunch – in fact, I didn’t even eat it til 4pm, and even then I wasn’t hungry! What I DID do howeverz, was go and see the sports physio!
[I'm shallow, but thank GOODNESS I put on a full face of slap this morning, and took extra time to moisturise my legs - crikey, I would've died of embarrassment otherwise!]
Mr Fit Physio (from here on out, known as Mr FF) was, well, brilliant!
a) he was cuteness personified
b) he made me feel totally at ease
c) he has run 3 marathons (includ. 1 sub-3hr…cripes…and his first was in Hawaii!)
d) he runs in general
e) most importantly, he sure does know what he’s talking about (who are we kidding, a) is most important I KID!)
Here’s what the What is:
- he reckons my leg pain on a whole is compartment syndrome – whereby the sheath that goes round the muscles is being spazzy and nasty and not helping (to put it in my terms, so it makes sense!)
- my other injury – I can’t remember what he said it was, but he gave me ULTRASOUND on it to promote healing, as well as supercool massage to get rid of the swelling! He also told me to ice it (I have black eyed beans stuck to my ankle as i type), and to rest it – ie no walking. But he thinks it’ll clear up in a couple o’ days.
- when my ankle is healed, he said continue with the walk/running and see what’s what – he gave all my lower legs a good massage too, to loosen everything up, so hopefully they’ll be an improvement.
- he gave me this (excuse the horrific picture):
Which is one of those elastic band things..to do foot exercises with (it’s hard to explain here) when my injured ankle is healed, annnnd I’m going back next Friday – he’ll see me run on a treadmill to look at my style (I have ‘loose hips’ apparently, which is why I run like a doof) and to look at treatment stuff.
Most importantly – he is confident there is no stress fracture, he didn’t laugh me out of the room when I said there was a marathon in Oct I want to do, and he didn’t need to amputate my leg(s) -
A HUMPDAY MIRACLE!
Sooooo plan of action: rest. Then run
Wahey! i feel a lot better having seen him, so fingers crossed I’m on the path to SuperFitness again ay!
‘Lunch’ today was some soya mince (I made it curry flavah) mixed with roast veggies:
Followed by a buttload of cereal and yogurt and an apple when I got home. I was somewhat rushed when we got in the door – i realised I wanted tempeh for dinner, which needed MARINATING immediatosso!
Annnnd my mum had requested yet more oatmeal bars, as she’s seeing a longlost friend tomorrow, and wanted to bring gifts of joy
Her wish is my command
Thheeeen I got to have my dinner – said tempeh, fried:
With a load of roasted kabocha, aubergine and parsnip, and a banana-peanut flour – cinnamon/nutmeg-vanilla-soya milk-CABBAGE (!) smoothie on the side:
A delicious meal, if ever one did exist Plus, I seriously need to use nutmeg more. Nutmeg + banana + cinnamon is really rather scrummeh, if I do say so myself.
Buuuuut now, my bed calls, my Heat magazine calls, and my ankle is frozen solid and needs its’ bean cocoon removing, pronto.
Ps – thank you to all your comments yesterday – it meant a lot to know that other people feel the same/have been through something similar/had wise words to say – I felt 10 x more at ease after reading them.
Question – favourite smoothie combination? Mine is withouta doubt, banana, peanut butter, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg. SO GOOD!